Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The St. Joe

Last Saturday, the last day of Spring Break, we headed North for some fishing on the St. Joe River. We invited the Ritchies and hit the road.

It took us about 2 1/2 hours to get to our first spot. I actually don't have a picture of it, but we didn't have any luck there. The river was still partially frozen over. We headed back down the road to some spots we'd seen along the way.

We passed this bridge and had to stop for some pictures.

The bridge was pretty cool and I think it lead to some hiking trails. I want to go back and check things out sometime. This is near a turn off to go to the Hiawatha trail...which we are going to bike this summer.

Here is a shot of the Ritchies. They are also our Survivor buddies.

Sarah was the first to catch a fish. They were pretty good sized. All of the ones we caught were about 14 inches. Brandon and Sarah had better luck than us because the fish weren't really that interested in flies yet. They had some worms with them and were snagging fish left and right.


It really was amazing. The water was so clear that you could see the fish. We saw up to 6 fish in one spot. Adam was in Heaven. Here he is fishin' away and eating a fruit by the foot! We finally gave in and borrowed some worms and caught our fair share ...of fish and ticks. Thats right... all of us, but Adam found a tick on us. We'll be more prepared next time. And I'm sure there will be a lot of next times!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I can't get over how beautiful it is there! I love the pics you take!

Alona said...

Looks like fun minus the ticks! Where was yours?

Matt & Andrea said...

I love that you guys are so adventurous. It makes me feel like a slug (and jealous)!

deej said...

You guys are the troopers . . . but so glad you had some spring break fun! And that you borrowed some worms and caught a few fish! Did you parents make it . . how was house hunting? By the way, I downloaded some of your tunes . . . especially love that Skinny Love song!! So now when Chili and I are gonna around the patch have your playlist on my ipod - love it . . . and you two too!

Angela^-^ said...

"Adam was in Heaven. "
_haha!!!!!