Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Some Good Ol' Bushman Fun

Uncle Darrell (Bushman) is retiring next month and his kids decided to throw a big party/reunion for him. They rented a beach house down in Surfside (which is amazing still there and looking good after the hurricane last year). Alona and I and the Calls decided to venture down and join in the fun.


Here is Dannen & Claudia's little girl, Kyla. I think she looks just like her dad.


I love this picture! Daylen has always been so tough and macho. It is fun to see him as a dad. Valesca can melt him like butter!


It was fun to see Desiree and her husband, Kurt. Desiree and I used to be roommates in college. Oh the stories we could tell about each other.


Austin is getting so big. He informed me when we got there that me... and my sisters were his best friends!


Donovan's little guy, Bryce, is one tough kid! He's have to be having Donovan as a dad!


Scarlet and I were trying unsuccessfully (at first) to get Brady to smile for the camera. He was pretty grumpy!


He warmed up...eventually!


Now this is just precious!


Daylen was helping Dionna get all lathered up before they hit the beach. She had so much sun screen on her face that I think we were all shielded from the sun.


Connor wouldn't venture too far out into the water, but had a good time playing in the waves.


Mark and Daciana are the ones that helped organize this whole get together. They live near the Woodlands and are expecting their first baby on June 7th (the day after my wedding...if you were wondering!).


Mark didn't get too far on the boogie board, but it was entertaining none the less.


Austin...hitting the waves.


Daylen and Scarlet...I just like them!


Dionna and Shanna are definitely not camera shy...or cold water shy.


Uncle Darrell and Aunt Darla just got their mission call to Chile. I am so excited for them. They leave at the end of June. Perhaps we'll have to go visit!


The Aunts and Uncles!


Delisa stayed inside and watched all the sleeping babies. Quiet was hard to find around there with 10 kids and 15 adults, but I don't think they'd have it any other way.

6 comments:

Arthur V. / Gene D. W. said...

it looked like a fun get together....thanks for sharing

Hansen Family said...

So much fun! Wish we could have gone to see everyone too! Gotta love the Bushmans!!!

crack'n up ourselves said...

I am so glad you posted all those pictures.. it was fun to see all the cousins and aunts and uncles.

Alona said...

Fun times! I love those pictures of Brady! :)

Mom said...

You've made up for lost time with your marathon blogging!!! I enjoyed all your new posts. Your class looks so cute in their animal costumes.

Matt & Andrea said...

Makes me want to load up in vans and hit the sand dunes with all the cousins! How did we get so lucky to have Bushmen for relatives?!