Friday, May 8, 2009

Relief Society and Easter

On Easter Sunday the Relief Society Presidency (L to R: Me, Kim, and Karla) showed up and we were all matching in our lovely Easter attire. We were quite excited about it and decided to stay after church for a mini photo shoot!

We had to get a picture with Alona too since she fit in so nicely. We were sad that Mauren was gone, but I am sure she matched us as well!

Last Friday the me and the girls decided to go out for dinner and celebrate our last days together as a presidency. We had noticed earlier in the week that we all had matching necklaces, so we decided to sport them that day. We are weird, but we enjoy life!

We got released from the Relief Society Presidency on Sunday. It was a bitter sweet day. I realized how much I have loved serving in this calling. It has helped me to grow in so many ways. I have come to appreciate the church even more after seeing the way it is set up to take care of it's members. I am grateful for the opportunity that I've had to focus on individuals. Serving really is the best way for us to be happy ourselves.

Mauren got called to be one of the new presidents. She asked Alona to be one of her counselors. They will be great and I know they will appreciate the experience too. I hope I can keep living my life in a way that I remember to take time for others!

2 comments:

The Santini Stew said...

You skinny lil thing, you! I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to you yet. It's been crazy, as I am sure it is for you. Are you going to have time to chat Saturday or Sunday? I want to get all of the wedding plans scoop- every last detail. And I totally LOVE your announcements. They are super cute!

Megan

Alona said...

I actually didn't notice the matching necklaces that night! Cute!