Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Home for Mother's Day

Since I love my mother (and the rest of my family) and I am getting married in 3 weeks, I thought that it would be appropriate to go home for one last visit before the big day. I took Friday off of school and headed home. It was so fun to be with my family. I really do love them a lot. (Alona had already made other plans, so she wasn't able to come with me...but don't worry, I live with her..so we're spending lots of time together!)

This picture was taken after church on Mother's Day. We spent the week playing the Wii Fit (which my dad also got for her. We returned one. At least we know she wanted it!) and talking, going to movies and catching up on Survivor. It is amazing what a weekend away can do for one's stress level! Thanks mom and dad for being the best parents and friends a girl could ask for.

As it turns out, Adam's brother, Jared lives in Marble Falls, Texas. It is only about 4 miles off the road we travel on to get home. Every time I drive home I feel like I need to turn there. I usually keep on the right path, but this time Adam was talking to me on the phone and I accidentally took the turn. I ended up in Marble Falls. What a lucky mistake! I didn't stop on the way there, but on my way back to Houston I stopped in and chatted with Jared and his roommate, Nate. They were so fun to talk to! They both work as linemen and have some crazy stories from their storm work. I made them pose for some pictures. I thought that I would try to foster good in-law relations and not post the "cleft lip" pictures...but I might be willing to send them to anyone who is interested...for the right price that is!

I am glad I got to stop by. It was a good end to a good weekend. Thanks to the Warr's for helping me feel so welcomed into their family. (Adam...you don't need to be jealous...well, maybe only slightly jealous...)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like it was a fun visit, but I don't know if your fiance would appreciate you trying to invoke jealousy through his brother. Sounds a little scandalous.

deej said...

Thank you for stopping by . . . you instantly became Jared's favorite sister in law . . . and Nate will claim you too! I can't believe how close June 6th is!

Mom said...

Thanks for the visit, the fun, and the Wii fit!!

Alona said...

I'm sad I missed it! :(