Saturday, April 16, 2011

Baby Shower Fever

It's that time of year again... Okay, it's always that time of year in our ward...Baby Shower Time! We've had quite a few showers and there are more to come. I do love all those new little babies.

My friend April asked me if I would make her a baby quilt. I was happy to do it! She drew out what she wanted and I did the best I could. I was really happy with how it turned out. (Don't worry...I didn't quilt that by hand, my mom did! She's great!)

Another one of my friends makes cute little onesies. I asked if she could make a matching mushroom and, voila, this is what we got. I love it!

Here is April, at her shower, opening my gift! What a proud moment.
**April had her baby just a few days after her shower. Baby Maia came 6 weeks early and is in the NICU in Spokane. Keep her in your prayers.

Today I had the fun job of hosting a baby shower for my friend Pleasy. It was a lot of fun. Pleasy and Jon got married the same day Adam and I did. They beat us by a couple of hours though. Pleasy graduates from Law School in May, will have her baby in June, and hopefully, maybe will take the Bar in July. Good Luck, Pleasy! (I am SO GRATEFUL that my mother and father-in-law decided to come for a visit. Grandma was was such a help with Evie. She saved me hours of time!) I made these fun caterpillar cupcakes.


So...I can't have a post these days without sneaking in a few pictures of my adorable little sweetie!
Evie decided to take a little snooze on the couch. (She was really out here because Adam kicked her out of her room so he could work out in front of the mirror!!)

Last Sunday we found the little hat that Evie came home from the hospital in. Has she really grown that much?!

We've upgraded to the 3-6 month clothes and boy oh boy are there some adorable outfits!

6 comments:

Alona said...

I love that cute girl! My prayers are with Matt, April, and their little one!

Alona said...

Great job on the quilt too! It looks fantastic!

etreiersen said...

Wow, you are so amazing. That quilt looks so good. I loved the caterpillar cupcakes at Pleasy's shower too. Evie is getting big. I can't believe how small her newborn hat is on her. She is adorable!

Wendy Sue said...

Congratulations to Adam on getting released and recalled!! The quilt did turn out cute and Evie is just getting cuter and cuter. I think she inherited Alona's hair!!

Strawn Fairy Tales said...

Love, love, love the quilt you made, and am SO excited to take Maia home to sleep in it. One day soon, I hope.

deej said...

You are such a great hostess . . . the baby shower for Pleasy was great - fun to be there with all the young moms . . . The caterpillar cupcakes were not only so cute . . . but were DELICIOUS!!