Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

We had a really fun Labor Day weekend. On Friday, two of Adam's sisters, Whitney & Erika, came for a visit. They were heading to the DMB concert at the Gorge. We're glad they came early to stay with us.

On Saturday the Warr kids went and rode the Hiawatha Trail. Evie and I stayed home to hold the fort down. They had a good time with only a few minor incidents!

We spent Sunday morning playing with little Evie before Erika and Whitney headed off. It was so fun seeing them! We love visitors!

On Monday we headed to Elk River to do some huckleberry picking. I think we went out too late in the season. We didn't get nearly as many as we did last year. We had enough for some delicious pancakes though. Evie was loving picking the leaves and I only fell down once!

After we picked for a while, Adam went fishing and Evie and I hung out in the shade. Try as I might to keep her away from the dirt, she found a way to eat it! If only she liked baby food as much.

We saw this old barn or mill or whatever it is. It was really pretty and scenic! We stopped and ate lunch at a little cafe and then headed home to host Family Home Evening with some of the single's ward folks! It was a great weekend!

2 comments:

Alona said...

Yeah for Erika and Whitney! Looks like a fun visit! Do you mean you fell down while holding Evie? Is that a new baby carrier? Love the barn picture and Evie eating grass and dirt!

Susannah said...

Yes, I fell down while holding Evie...not to worry, no one was hurt. I stepped in a hole and did a bum plop! I've had that carrier for a while, I just haven't used it much, but Evie likes it again!