Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Birthdays

We had a week of celebrating!! My dad's birthday is on December 21st, Adam's is on the 28th, and Evie's is on the 29th...not to mention Christmas and New Year's! It's always a fun time.

Here is my handsome hubby and me on his birthday. It wouldn't be Adam without a funny face.


I made him a fly fisherman cake. I was going to try to have the fisherman standing in the cake, but the pole was too skinny and kept breaking. Laying down worked just fine! My mom made the frosting. I really like how it turned out!


A pose of the blowing of the candles.


Here is the actual blowing out of the candles! Happy Birthday, Old Man!


Alona got him this tips and tricks book for his iPad. He like it lots!


The next day we got to celebrate Evie's first birthday. It was a fun day. I got her a little ballerina outfit. She was so cute in it!


I made her this little crown too. I think this first birthday was all for me!


We opened presents that morning. She hasn't quite got the hang of it!


Here she is in action!


Grandma & Grandpa Warr were skyping with us. I'm glad that they could be part of Evie's special day.


Playing with toys and eating treats!


Mom and Dad had to help get the presents out.


That evening we had cake for Evie. We tried to get a picture of Evie with her cake before the festivities!


The proud mama!


She was really unsure about the whole thing. It wasn't the most exciting cake eating that I've ever seen, but fun non the less!


Here is a video of the cake eating. It is kinda long, so watch if you want. I think its adorable, but I'm a little biased!


I did most of the damage to the cake trying to lure her in!

It was a really fun day...until that night. We put Evie to bed and I went in to check on her a while later and she had thrown-up in bed. (It wasn't from the cake...she only had one lick of frosting!) We got her all cleaned up, and she puked on me...and then spent the rest of the night throwing up. Poor little thing. She was sick for the next few days. We decided to come home on Sunday so we could get her to the doctor on Monday, but she was all better by then...thank goodness. So sad that she got really sick for the first time on her first birthday.


I had to add this picture because it was one of Dad's birthday presents from Alona and I didn't get any pictures of his actual birthday. It was BYU cougar pasta salad. We ate it the day BYU played their bowl game. I'm sure glad they won for my Dad's sake!


This wasn't anyone birthday, but I just like my sister and I didn't really have any pictures of her in this post. My brother gave her that hat for Christmas!


5 comments:

etreiersen said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Adam & Evie. I love Evie's Ballerina outfit and the crown. How did you get her to keep that crown on for all of those pictures? How fun that you got to celebrate her birthday with your family too.

Both cakes look great! You are quite the talented cake decorator. I like decorating cakes too, but mine never turn out that cute.

Susannah said...

Thanks, Trisha!! You didn't see all the pictures we have of her pulling that crown off! By the time the cake got there she was too distracted to worry about it. I am also quite sure that your cakes come out looking wonderful!

Wendy Sue said...

That was a fun post, I love the video of Evie eating cake (or not eating it!) She's such a funny little thing!

Wendy Sue said...

I just had to watch the video again and I can't believe the reaction to cake and frosting coming from the child who ate every bit of paper she saw and dog food and dirt and leaves!

Alona said...

Oops! I guess I actually didn't comment on this one! Fun times and I love that little Evie, Dad, and even Adam. :) Happy Birthday!