Sunday, October 14, 2012

Halloween Party

Don't think that I'm a bad mother because I haven't posted on my kids in a while.  It's been busy around here!  I'm trying to get all of the little videos in order and then I'll do a little girl post!  In the meantime you get our Halloween Party!


Adam wanted to have a Halloween party for the kids that he teaches in primary.  I was all for it.  Any chance I get to make fun food and dress up I'll take!  I made the kids these Harry Potter wands.  We had the kids cast a spell on their drink to change it a different color with their wand.  I just put a drop or two of food coloring in the bottom of their cup and let it dry and then put ice over that.  When they cast the spell and poured the Sprite it came out different colors.  It's easy to impress kids!



Here are some of the treats.  Monster apples and cheese fingers.



We had squid eyeballs too.



Whats a party without the mummies?



These pretty little blood worms were my favorites!  They looked so real.  They are made out of jello.



Mummy chocolate for our party favors.



When the kids got here we had them paint their pumpkins.



Then it was time for the food.  Here the kids are watching me eat a worm.  They thought they were real!



Delicious!



Those cute little girls refused to try them!



The boys were brave.  One of them said "Those were actually pretty good, but that after taste will get you"!



Adam being gross!



I dressed up as a pirate, but ended up looking more like a gypsy with bad teeth.  Fun, none the less!

After the food we had a marshmallow gun target shooting game that they liked too.  I just forgot to take pictures of that.  I think there was a good time had by all...but especially me!  I do like a good Halloween party!

4 comments:

Wendy Sue said...

In your "spare time" you should be a party planner!! Looks like lots of fun!

Strawn Fairy Tales said...

I love it! You are incredibly creative :)

Thuy said...

Wow! You are so amazing! I can't wait for the girl post!

Alona said...

I haven't commented on this one yet, but I LOVE all your fun treats and activities. Way to go!