Friday, July 10, 2009

Bridal Shower

I know, I know...I am MONTHS behind in my blogging. I have fantastic excuses...like, getting married and moving across the country, and not having internet on my computer until 10 minutes ago. I hope that the next few posts subdues everyone's anger at me for taking so long!

Well, as you all know, I have the BEST sister in the whole world. She threw me a fantastic bridal shower back in May. I had so much fun. Alona is an expert when it comes to throwing parties.

Katherine and Kirsten helped Alona get the food ready. We had chicken salad croissants, salad, chips, and probably a lot more that I didn't mention.

We had a good turn out of people show up to party. Here are a few of them. I was glad that my cousin, Daciana was able to make it!

More fun friends!

Lesley and Cynthia got the "green" memo. How'd they know it was my favorite?! Sister Chappell even make it over. She had the busiest day, but I was thankful she made time for me!

A few days before the shower Alona had talked to Adam and asked him a bunch of questions about himself. At the shower everyone was given a question or two and throughout the party they would ask me them. If I got it wrong I had to put a grape in my mouth. Luckily they were small grapes! I actually think I did pretty good...and I really hope that Adam did not expect me to remember the name of his mission president!

Kim and Kirsten had a surprise for me. Before we opened the presents they told me that they had prepared a little music number for me.

They did a kareokee version of "Beauty and the Beast". It was so cute! I laughed...and almost cried! As you can tell from the pictures...they were really into the song!

When it got to the part when they sang the words "Beauty and the Beast", they each held up a picture (Adam was the beast, of course). They had cut the picture down the middle to make a puzzle piece. Then they would put them together! It was adorable...and not just because I was Beauty! In fact, I have that very picture hanging right in front of me at my computer desk!

I then opened the presents (which I'll refrain from posting...thank you everyone!). After the presents we went to the kitchen and made some jewelry.

Some of the pieces were so creative. I had to copy a few of them...and I still wear them! Thanks again everyone! I truly feel like I have been blessed with incredible friends. I miss you already!

1 comment:

Alona said...

That was a lot of fun, but seems like FOREVER ago! :)