Monday, October 12, 2009

Alona and Julie!!!

Adam and I have been so blessed to have a lot of visitors. I hope that continues. Alona was able to come out and visit, and lucky for us, she talked Julie into coming too. It was like reliving Spring Break! We had so much fun. I will leave most of the blogging about the weekend to Alona since she took the majority of the pictures. (I stole two of hers to post...sorry). For more details and pictures of the weekend check out BUSHMANIA!


Adam and I went and picked Alona up on Thursday night. On they way home guess who got pulled over? Me. I haven't been pulled over in years. That man gave me a ticket too. I was bummed. To make things worse, we went and played frisbee golf the next day and we drove because we had to get Julie when we were done and apparently I was parked where I wasn't supposed to and I got another ticket. That is two in two days. Not my weekend. I am going to appeal the parking one because there was no sign posted from the way that we came in. Hopefully that will work. The rest of the weekend was great though!

We took the girls everywhere there is to see in Moscow (it didn't take that long. We still had lots of time for cards and Boggle). The arboretum was on the list. A couple of weeks ago the weather here turned cold... really cold. The high was in the 40's the whole weekend.

Here's those cute girls that I love!

We plum tuckered them right out! When I asked them what their favorite part of the trip was, both of them said "the giant cow". I am glad they got to see that. Don't worry, Alona got some pretty good shots. That cow really is amazing.

On Sunday we had fondue for dinner. It was delicious. We had cheese fondue and and then a broth to cook the meat and potatoes in. I need to do fondue more often.

We invited Angela over for dinner too. It was her first fondue. She also played her zither for Alona and Julie. We invited Brett and Hailey and April over as well to listen and have chocolate fondue. Good food and good show!

I couldn't get far enough away to get a good shot, but here is my cute husband cutting the bread for the cheese fondue.

We had such a fun weekend. It wore us all out. Alona and Julie flew out this morning at 6:15 which meant that we had to leave at 4:00 this morning to get them there. They made it...and I made it home safe too! Anyone else is welcome to come visit.

5 comments:

Mom said...

I'll get there some day!!!

Alona said...

Thanks for letting us come! That was so much fun!

Susannah said...

We're ready for you, mom!

kristal said...

Yea, I want to come eat fondue and see a giant cow!!!!

Susannah said...

Does that mean that you are coming to visit, Kristal?