Monday, October 12, 2009

More Crafty Than Me

So... I have this friend, April, who happens to be my next door neighbor. She is great. Her and her husband, Matt, invited us to dinner the first Sunday we were in Moscow. I hope that I've let them know how grateful I am for that and for everything else they do for us. I have actually been meaning to do this post for a few weeks now, but I am glad that I waited. You'll see why in a minute.


Among many other things, April knits. She is amazing. She tried to teach me once, but I didn't do a very good job. She was going to knit me a pair of gloves, but the yarn I bought her didn't work for that so she made me this beanie. I LOVE IT! She made that. I still don't know how.

She said it was really easy, except the top part was a little trickier. It puts my bib to shame!

Well...Alona came to visit and she saw my hat and wanted one really bad, so we went next door and she asked April if she could make her one. We were expecting to mail it to Alona when she was done, but no, we asked her on Saturday and Alona had it in hand Sunday after church. I still don't know how!

April is making lots of hats to sell at a craft fair. She has lots of different styles that she can make. Maybe I'll learn someday!

5 comments:

Mom said...

That really is a cute hat, does she have a pattern?

Alona said...

I love my beanie! I wore it all the way to Salt Lake! :) I'm waiting for some cold weather here in Houston!

Susannah said...

I'll have to ask if she has a pattern!

kristal said...

I want to be crafty! Ok, I'm jealous you went to a DMB concert, I haven't been to one in years, but they are my FAV! And that cute little baby noah kinda looks like my adorable baby pearcen. Seriously. So if you have 2 friends with really cute babies like that, you really should press your l uck and see if you could get one.

Susannah said...

Dave was awesome. It was my first concert of his that I was able to go to. As far as babies go...that is what I told Adam I wanted for Christmas!