Monday, February 15, 2010

The Bishopric!

While we were in Donnelly (and on my birthday even) Adam got a phone call from a member of the stake presidency asking if he could meet with us. That got Adam's heart rate up a little! On Wednesday we went in for an interview and they asked Adam if he would accept a calling to be the 1st Counselor in the Bishopric of one of the singles wards here in town. He graciously accepted!

I tried to capture the moment after church, and this is what I got.

Over and over and over. (For everyones sake I only posted a few.)

We're getting closer...but still a little angry.

Ah...there he is....the newest member of the the Moscow University 1st Ward.

I know he will be great. Adam has a way of making people feel welcome and included. All his old buddies from the singles ward were excited to have him back. I'm a little sad to lose him though. I have a calling in our other ward, so we won't be able to go to church together. It'll work out! I am very grateful for him and for the righteous influence he is in my life!

8 comments:

Alona said...

Awww, sweet post minus the cuckoo pictures of Adam. I'm glad to see he's still a goof, though. He'd be no fun otherwise! :) Just kidding. Adam will be a great addition to that Bishopric!

deej said...

Proud of you son! You will be a wonderful addition to the bishopric for the singles . . . you had lots of practice being a single . . . just a bad joke there . . . but seriously - congratulations. Costellos really liked the bishop you'll be serving with and your stake president. And of course we all like you - a lot! Thanks to both you and your sweet little wife for being the kind of couple you are . . . love you both!

Wendy Sue said...

Congratulations to both of you...I think it's just preparation for your next calling as Bishop!!!

Mauren said...

You guys sure keep busy in your callings. Wow! Great things to come...or continue to come rather. :)

kristal said...

Big calling for such a little guy.

Big tie for such a little guy.

Love your playlist

Miss you and Lolonzo coming to visit.

PS I can make little man comments...I own one.

shellysanford said...

That would be hard not to go to church together but you will be richly blessed! Congrats!

The Santini Stew said...

Miss you Sue!

Angela said...

Ooooh! Nothing to say but congrats!!!

I dont know whether there is any saying in America going the same way as an old saying goes in China, which is --

Behind every successful man, there is a woman.

Have you ever heard of it?

That means if a man is successful, his woman must be a perfect and devoted wife. Yes, you are definitely this perfect wife!

So proud of Adam, but more proud of you!!!