Monday, February 15, 2010

My Birthday in Donnelly

For my birthday this year we decided to go to Donnelly. Brandon had invited us up because it was the winter carnival in McCall. We were excited to go check it out.

The Cahoon's came with us. On Friday morning Hailey and I did a little cross country skiing while the boys studied. I hope that everyone noticed the sweet jumpsuit I am wearing. I don't have any ski clothes! This kept me really warm!! (Thanks for the awesome hats, April!)

That afternoon we met Adam's sister, Erika, and her husband for lunch and some snow sculptures.

They were amazing and reminded me of the sand castle competition in Galveston...only it was really cold and everything was ice.

I really liked this whale.

I thought this was a clever one. We couldn't resist taking our turn in the bathroom!

Apparently, there is a monster in the Payette.

This one was my favorite. They had Native American music playing and everything.

The waterfall was the best part of it.

Good old Idaho

The sculptures were so detailed. I loved it!

Adam puts out a lot of moisture when he breathes. This is all the frozen condensation on his mustache.

Erika bought this adorable hat. I almost bought one, but was not quite confident enough to wear it...yet. Next time!

On the morning of my birthday me, Adam, and Brett went snow shoeing. It was my first time. I had a lot of fun.

Here the boys are heading out on the lake.

It was so foggy we could hardly see in front of us. When it cleared a little, we saw two foxes playing in the snow. We tried to get closer to them, but they ran away. If you make this picture bigger, you can see one of them...barely.

We went to Chapals for lunch...just so I could get the world's worst picture of me taken! Happy Birthday to me!

Round Two at the carnival. Saturday was much more clear in McCall. Here we are in front of the Wild Things sculpture.

We had to do one more couple picture!

That night we went back to the cabin and Hailey and her friend Tierney make me this amazing cake. Teirney makes her own fondant. That is what the flowers are made of. It is much tastier than store bought fondant.

Adam told me that I had to make a wish... so I wished that he would be called into a Bishopric. Wish granted. Next time I'll wish for a baby!

10 comments:

Jen and Joe. said...

Do you think those teepees were a tribute to the Wigwam Motel? Do ya? Do ya?

Susannah said...

I wouldn't doubt it! Who wouldn't to tribute the Wigwam Motel?

Alona said...

Okay, I have a lot to say about this post. Here goes - 1. Those snow sculptures are AMAZING! 2. Of course Adam would be on the toilet. 3. I love Erika's new hat! It want one just like it! :) 4. The sombrero picture is not my favorite of you. 5. Teirney is super cute. She's Brett's sister? I can see a little resemblance. 6. Hailey and Teirney did a fantastic job on your cake. 7. The blowing out the candles picture is super cute of you. 8. Cool about snowshoeing, wearing skiing, wearing a jumpsuit, the frosty beard & mustache, and the foxes (that was really several things rolled into one). 9. I really like you and am glad you had a good birthday! You're my favorite . . . like, such as.

Alona said...

Dang it! #10 - I wish you guys would have had a dirt clod fight in front of the "wild things" sculpture! :)

Dan and Alli Ralphs said...

Happy Birthday Twink! What did twink stand for anyways. I can't remember?!? Anyway those ice sculptor pictures are amazing!!!

etreiersen said...

Happy Birthday! It looks like you had lots of fun. I have always wanted to go to the winter carnival in McCall the ice sculptures look awesome.

Susannah said...

Alli...I remember it came from Twinkies, but I don't remember where that came from. I think that one of the guys just called us the Twinkies.

Alona...I wish I would have thought about a dirt clod fight...but then again, there was no dirt. To ease your mind, both Adam and Erika got hit in the face with snowballs that day.

Jessica said...

How fun! Happy Birthday! I Love the snow sculptures and the cake!

Wendy Sue said...

In "The Great Race" Professor Fate's mustache gets frozen and someone breaks half of it off. If I would have been there I might have tried it!

Mauren said...

Those snow/ice sculptures are INCREDIBLE!! I can't even believe that! What talent and a fun birthday trip!