Monday, July 12, 2010

The 4th of July

For the 4th of July Adam and I and our friend, Alex, went to my parents house. They were mostly all moved in and the house looked great! We played a lot of cards and went into Seattle and lots of other fun things. (My sister has a more extensive post. Feel free to check it out.)


We couldn't wait for dark, so we headed out early to try out some of the stuff we got. Our favorites were the Mad Bombers. The fireworks the rocket into the air are legal there on the 4th of July. It was great!


Here is Alex shooting off his first Roman Candle!


That evening Adam, Alex, and myself went to a park by the lake to watch fireworks. The rest of the family stayed and watched some neighborhood ones.


It was pretty chilly that night!


Here is a view of the "stage" for the fireworks. It was pretty great. The best part about it was that all of the people that lived around the lake were setting off their own before the real show started.


I love this shot of the fireworks silhouetting the people watching from the dock.


When we all got back together we headed out to the street to shoot off more of our own. Here Alona and Dad are shooting the Roman Candles. The shutter on my camera stays open for a long time at night. My dad kept moving, but I love how the picture turned out.


Here is another use of the shutter speed. We used sparklers to spell words. This was my favorite!

I feel very grateful and blessed to live in this great country. Thanks to all of those who have fought to protect it!

3 comments:

Wendy Sue said...

Fun times!! Too bad that "A" is so skinny!!

Susannah said...

I always thought skinny A's were a good thing!

Alona said...

They definitely are a good thing! Sorry again I stole your pictures, but they were too good not to!