Monday, June 21, 2010

Palouse Falls

We have not been blessed with good weather this spring...so when the good weather does come, we feel like we have to take advantage of it! Last weekend was really nice, so we headed over to Palouse Falls in Washington.

These falls and the surrounding area were carved out by glaciers.


Here are the upper falls. Not nearly as big, but pretty none the less!


On our hike down to the falls we passed this cute little train track!


We were able to hike right up to the top of the falls. It was really impressive.


Here is some of the spray coming up from the falls. The walls were so green. It was really pretty because the rest of the terrain was pretty deserty.


Here is Adam looking over the edge. I'll admit, it made me very nervous!


These rocks were right on top of the fall. They looked so cool.


There is a little picnic area back by the beginning. We hiked back and ate our lunch. There were also a bunch of Marmots that wanted our lunch. Adam kindly shared the crust of his sandwich with the greedy little guys!


Here is another view of the falls. This is from the park where we ate our lunch. It was a great day for a hike!


On the way home we saw these Longhorns. They really gave new meaning to the name "longhorn". This picture doesn't do it justice! I've decided that everything is NOT bigger in Texas. Washington has them beat...at least in the cow department!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow! I love all the pictures and am always amazed at how beautiful it is there. I am so glad you are so good at taking pictures. I'm beginning to think that one of these days I am definitely going to have to take a vacation that way!
I saw your parents this weekend- it is always so nice to see them!

The Santini Stew said...

Yes, I got your message but promptly accidentally erased it. I've been out of town the last 2 weeks and EVERY piece of technology was driving me CRAZY! The GPS stopped working, we had no internet at my mother in law's house..... I got to the point where I wanted to chuck anything that had a cord. So, I'm home now and hopefully things will cooperate. Call me again!

Megan