Sunday, September 19, 2010

Birthday Cake...

Last weekend a friend in our ward threw a birthday party for her two boys. I offered to make the cakes. I have a few cupcake books and was excited to try some of the ideas out. One of the boys likes dinosaurs and the other likes cars. Below are my attempts! I won't show what they were supposed to look like!! I did my best!

Triceratops Cupcake

Stegasaurus Cupcake

A few of the dinos.

I really had big plans for this little cake. It turned out nothing like I hoped it would. But it turned out better than it could have. Adam's laughter at it confirmed my fears! The next ones will be better!

5 comments:

etreiersen said...

I think your cupcakes and cake both look amazing! I am taking a cake decorating class right now. Believe me whatever I would have made would have not looked nearly as good. You are awesome. Truman just came over and saw the Lighting McQueen cake and said he wanted one.

Wendy Sue said...

Cute cupcakes and cake! Looks like lots of fun!

Alona said...

I think they're great! Well done!

deej said...

Dinos never looked so delectable! You're a wonder in an apron!

Jennifer said...

Good job on the cakes. I thought they were cute. I have a pattern to make a car cake out of a regular size rectangle cake if you want it. It's really easy and you use oreos for the wheels.