Sunday, September 19, 2010

Boulder Creek Mud Bug Dinner . . .

Adam and I thought we'd do a little hike at boulder creek. Little did we know the adventure we had in store. On the way to the trailhead, we saw a dog running down the middle of the highway and it looked like he was trying to chase down a truck. I thought that maybe there was some bacon or a herd of cats in the back of the truck, but Adam correctly assumed that the dog was just chasing after its owners. I left Adam on the side of the road with the dog while I chased after the owners (I didn't want the dog, or Adam, drooling in the back of my car). After thirty minutes of fruitless searching I came back to find Adam sitting alone on the side of the road. I guess the owners came back for the dog about 2 minutes after I left and Adam had just been sitting on the side of the road, flicking rocks . . . for half an hour. I was just glad we didn't have to adopt a dog.

Then we went to Boulder Creek and Adam caught hisself some delicious mudbugs. He screamed a little when he caught the first one. Said the fish were nibbling his toes, but I think that sometimes he's just a big wussy. But was a big brave man after that.

Then we came home and boiled ourselves some delicious river lobster. Didn't really know how, but looked up some recipes online and went to town.

They boiled up nice and pink.


Adam just ate the tail meat. When he left, I finished off the exoskeletons. He wouldn't have known, but the little claw left on my flavor saver gave me away. MMMMM!!!!


**Disclaimer: Adam was the author of this post!

4 comments:

Wendy Sue said...

Nice post "Susannah"!!

Alona said...

Love it! Adam, you're a natural!

Rebecca McNair said...

I found your blog from facebook, hope you don't mind, I love finding new blogs to read! So glad you guys are doing well and loving the married life! Looks like you have done some pretty awesome things together! Congrats on the new baby on the way, so excited for you guys! :)

deej said...

Whoever wrote the blog shared fun stuff with the world! You two crack me up!