Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Birthdays and Blessings

Happy Birthday to Me!!
Sunday was my birthday. As Erika and Whitney put it... I am now Twenty Ten! (We won't say the "th" word! ) It was one of my most special birthdays yet.

My whole family and part of Adam's family were able to be here. Alona made this delightful cake. It tasted as good as it looks! Thanks Alona...


I can't actually take credit for having so many visitors on my birthday. We decided that since my birthday was on a Sunday this year, we would bless Evie that day. We were hoping that it would work out that she would be born on Adam's birthday and blessed on mine. We almost got it!

Here are the Lovely Warr ladies!

I was a little stressed just thinking about getting me AND Evie ready at to church by 8:45 in the morning...but we did it! She looked beautiful. I even cried a little when we put that precious dress on her. Grandma Warr made it! Grandma Bushman made the little blanket!


It's hard to believe she is already 6 weeks old.


I really can't get enough pictures of these two together. I love them!

The blessing went really well. She didn't cry and my brother said that she was staring up at him for a lot of the blessing. It is really cute to see my brother and Evie together. She was given some very special promises in that blessing.

A few of Adam's business school friends were able to join us. It was fun to have them around!


Here is the Warr family. I am not sure where Adam is!


She really did look so beautiful all in white. It was truly an eternal moment. I am so glad that she is ours for eternity.


Here is the Bushman clan back at our house.


We all came back and ate lunch and cake. It was a wonderful day. I couldn't have asked for a better way to celebrate. I feel so loved. Last year for my birthday I wished for a baby! I got it! I've started taking these wishes seriously! Hope I get my wish this year!

8 comments:

Strawn Fairy Tales said...

I can't believe we missed this!!! Happy belated birthday--and congratulations on the baby blessing! Love you!

Alona said...

Yay! What a great day! Thanks for letting me come hang out with you guys!

etreiersen said...

What a great 30th birthday. Who could ask for more, than having your first child blessed on your birthday. Evie looked beautiful in her dress. You look great too, I can't believe you just had a baby 6 weeks ago. Thanks for coming over yesterday it was fun and made my long long day go by faster. We definetly need to get together during the day more often.

Wendy Sue said...

Yet another impressive day to remember!! I'm curious about your birthday wish, if it comes true you'll have to tell us!!

Dan and Alli Ralphs said...

Oh looking at her I forget how fast they change....it makes me realize how fast Emma is going to change and look like Evie...adorable and not a newborn anymore. Happy late birthday!! Someday we will have to figure out how to get together!!! love ya and miss ya!!

Brett & Hailey Cahoon said...

She looks so cute! I love the dress.

deej said...

Can't believe a week ago we were doing the wii and being totally amazed and loving little Evie even more than ever! What a special weekend for all of us - thanks for being brave and letting us all invade your space . . . will remember it for always! Loved the pics!

Mindy Curtis said...

Her blessing was beautiful! I love your updates and pics!