Thursday, February 5, 2009

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday, Susannah! I created this blog for you, more for selfish reasons than just a spirit of giving. Since you'll be leaving me soon, I needed a way to keep updated on your life. I'm sure your many friends will thank me as well. Thanks to Kristal for designing the header for me. . . you, I guess! :)
I thought I'd do a little birthday tribute to you here as the first post on your blog. First of all, you're my best friend and pretty much favorite person EVER! I remember praying for a little sister. I love this picture of us on the Haliimaile plantation on Maui.
Continuing with the Hawaii theme - this one is my favorite picture of the two of us. I love that you can see your little belly button. I've always been happy to be your sister, even in those awkward years of fighting and annoying each other.
Even though you copied me . . . A LOT, there are many things I need to copy from you: your humility and ability to forgive quickly, your eagerness to serve others, your outgoing personality, to name a few. You are so dedicated and GOOD! You are a fantastic example to me. Maybe someday I'll even be able to copy you getting married!:)
Thanks for being the person you are. I'm excited to have you here for a few more months before Adam steals you away!
I love you!
Alona
PS - Adam - I'm really excited to have you in the family! Yahoo!

12 comments:

Tyler Bushman said...

Happy Birthday Sue!!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Suzannah! This blog is really sweet. I think Alona did a great job of capturing her feelings in pictures and words.

Jen and Joe. said...

OH SUSANNAH, HOW I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!

The Santini Stew said...

Happy Birthday Sue! I've always been jealous of the cuteness of the Bushmania blog and now you have one of your own! You better keep it up!

Sure love ya!

Megan

kristal said...

Aww, when I get done weeping from the beauty of the first post dedication, I'd like to again say, "DANG!" to the muscles in that last awesome picture. And the picture of Whoosanna copying Whoolana with the sad hands on the face is about the cutest thing I've ever seen! Great post Alona! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY WHOOSANA!

Unknown said...

OKay Alona this made me cry! So sweet!
Happy Birthday Susannah!!!

123 checkoutourfamily said...

Happy Birthday! Oh I love the Bushman girls. Ya'll are seriously the sweetest. I only wish I had more brothers--who wouldn't want ya'll in the family?

Anonymous said...

That Adam sure is a lucky fellow to be marrying into such a wonderful family!!! Happy birthday!!!

crack'n up ourselves said...

Happy Birthday! Isn't Alona great! I hope you keep this blog updated for all of us who live so far away.

Hansen Family said...

Oh, Happy Birthday!! That is the sweetest thing! You two are both awesome! Hope you have a great day and realize what a blessing it is to have a sister to be your best friend and love you that much! I will be checking your new blog frequently to see what you are up to! Take care

Arthur V. / Gene D. W. said...

Happy Birthday Susannah! Congratulations! Do you need Uncle Art to drive a moving van up to Idaho for you when you move? He owes you that favor. Hug's, Uncle Arthur and Aunt Gene

Susannah said...

I have the best sister in the world! I love this blog. Thanks for all of the comments. I promise to keep the blog up! Aunt Gene, I might take you up on the uhaul!!!