Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Crafty

Since my job this year is not quite as rigorous as last year (thank goodness!) I have been trying to do projects to keep me busy and practice some much needed skills.


My first project was this bib. I made one for Hailey and one for Kristal.

I can't take credit for the idea though! Hailey gave me website where there are patterns for lots of cute things to make. I am going to have to try out a few more. The website is makeitandloveit.blogspot.com

I also saw the idea for quilting cards. I loved it! I just used the same material as the bibs and stuck it right under the sewing machine

And lastly...something a little more manly! Adam and I have been trying to find a case for his fly fishing rod. They are really expensive. Adam had the grand idea of just using pvc pipe. Brilliant! I asked it I could make it "cute" and he agreed! I painted it green and wrote on it and then painted the lid silver so we would know which end comes off! I like it!

6 comments:

Dan and Alli Ralphs said...

So you are "practicing" making bids....is there an annoucement going to be made soon ;) Love all the blogs and I am so jealous about the berry picking! I would love to go and pick berries!

Angela~-~ said...

How can you have so light hands, ... You are not only too good a cook, too good a photographer, but also too good a handicraftsman!...I believe I'll find out more later!!! Is a bib used for a baby or baby's mother? Don't laugh at me. I'm really curious about it coz I must learn more when babysitting...yep!

Brett & Hailey Cahoon said...

This looks so good! Are those letters somehow your stamps? I like it. Nice work!

Alona said...

So nice! I wish I had a kid so you could make me a bib! :) Your writing on the fishing rod thing looks like professionally cut vinyl! You could have your own store.

Susannah said...

No announcement yet, Alli! Just practice! Always be prepared, right?

Angela, a bib is for a baby to wear so that they don't get food or anything else on their clothes. It probably wouldn't hurt for the moms to wear one too!!

For the lettering on the fishing thing I got my rubber stamps and stamped them on with ink and then traced over it with a sharpie. I wish I could free hand that!

Kristal said...

Baby Pearce is going to look SO hot in that bib. I'll send pictures...if the little punk will ever get out of me!!!!!