Tuesday, September 8, 2009

More Blackberries

I guess I can't blame Adam for being addicted to fishing... I have developed a slight addiction to berries! We went and picked blackberries again. We got a ton more.

Hailey is modeling the proper technique of berry handling. We've found that belting milk jugs to your hips does the trick. Hailey was sporting two jugs...the rest of us just had one!

We had this nice picture all planned out with the trees and blackberries in the background. I set the timer and ran...just as this truck passed us. Oh well...we like the picture anyway!

I came home and promptly made blackberry jam and froze the rest. Hailey made some blackberry sorbet that she shared with us. I love berries!

5 comments:

123 checkoutourfamily said...

yummy! I love them too. I wish there were natural growing ones close by. We can go to a berry farm but it's pricy.

Angela^=^ said...

I admire the person who thought out the idea of belting milk jugs to your hips!
Is summer the best season for berries?

Susannah said...

Berries seem to be on in the summer. I'll be sad we can't go pick them during the winter.

Kristal said...

what's with this freaking adorable tiny pregnant girl? I thought you guys liked to hang out with us large pregnant girls that birth toddlers!

Brett & Hailey Cahoon said...

So I'd like to say that I'm embarrassed about that picture of me, but I'm not. Thanks for sharing with the world. I did love our berry picking adventure. Thanks for taking me a long even with the risk :)