Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas Tree

Adam and I decided that it would be fun to go and cut down our own Christmas tree this year. I've never done it before and was really excited! It only cost $5 to get a permit. Awesome!

Brett was kind enough to accompany us. We left at 3:00 in the afternoon and only went about 30 minutes away. You'd think we'd have a little more light. Tis not so in northern Idaho. We walked around looking for the perfect tree.

I'm not sure this one is "perfect" but it was pretty dark and we still didn't have a tree. This one we all agreed would be a good one.

I'm just offering moral support with my hack saw! Do you like how just under my belly is dry?!

It was a really light tree! Even I could heft it with one arm!

The boys tied it down and we headed home.

Here is our cute little "Charlie Brown" tree all decorated. The branches were only strong enough to hold the cranberries and oranges and the lights. The rest of the ornaments will have to wait for next year! I like our tree!

Merry Christmas!

9 comments:

Strawn Fairy Tales said...

I love it! It takes far too long, and too long of a hike, to find a fluffy tree!

Wendy Sue said...

It's a very cute tree!!

Brett & Hailey Cahoon said...

Yaay! I love it! Fun adventure. Thanks for taking my hubby along and taking care of him for me. You're the best! Love you.

etreiersen said...

The tree looks great. What a fun adventure to cut down your own tree.

Alona said...

I love it! I also love that you used the word "heft" in this post!

kristal said...

ahh, I see, you're going to be the cute parents. Nice. Whatever!

Cute post
Cute belly
have a cute baby and bring her here so I can take pictuers of her in that cute owl hat!

adam warr said...

Thought I'd take a break to say that the tree is growing on me . . . not literally . . . what I mean to say is I'm liking it more and more each day. It's a good 1st tree for our baby.

Susannah said...

I really want you to take pictures of her, Kristal! Maybe we'll make it down there...

I'm glad you're liking it more and more, Adam. I really like it too!

deej said...

You three are troopers . . . I have sweet memories of Vic finding our tree in the forest . . . later finding them in tree lots . . . and now just finding it in the box under the deck. It is a delightful cute tree and so are you three!