Monday, December 13, 2010

Potlatch Christmas

We had a fun and festive weekend this weekend. We heard about a light parade and fireworks show in Potlatch, Id. We thought we'd go check it out.

Here is Santa on one of the floats.

Here are some other floats making their way down the road. The theme was a Redneck Christmas. The parade was shorter than usual, but my guess would be because the weather was pretty snowy and wet.

After the parade they were serving chili and apple cider in the library. We went and got some food and then headed outside for the fireworks. I've never seen fireworks in the snow before. It was really fun.

I ran into one of my cute little preschoolers there. Adam was "impressed" with how chatty she was! After the fireworks they had Santa reading stories in the library and Christmas music.

They also had the park in town decorated and all lit up. This old train engine was our favorite.

Here we are!! Neither of us could find our usual hats so we wore our matching meathead hats that I made. I think we're adorable! I'm glad that we went to the festivities. We'll definitely go next year if we're around.

2 comments:

Wendy Sue said...

Looks like lots of fun. I've never heard of Potlatch!

Alona said...

I can't wait to see Evie wearing a matching meathead hat! Your little preschooler can do the nose flair thing pretty well! :) Fun times!