Thursday, May 5, 2011

Houston!

My Houston trip came and went and it hardly feels like I was there. Time goes so fast these days. It was a great trip. The weather was perfect, the people were perfect...it was great!

My friends Candice and Holt stopped by for a visit. Candice and I used to work together. The kids couldn't tell us apart some times!

Seana was our roommate for a while. She stopped by to meet Little Evie!

Alona invited a bunch of people over on Saturday night for a little get together. We really did have the best friends in Houston. I feel bad that Alona isn't in a lot of these pictures. She was either taking the pictures or taking care of Evie.

Alona took these adorable pictures on Sunday. It was so fun having Evie wear all these summery dresses. We're still in Winter clothes up here...


We had the Call's and Bushman's over for dinner on Sunday. Katherine came too. It was great seeing everyone. We used to have family dinner on Sundays, so it was nice to relive that too!

Dannen and Claudia's little girls loved Evie. It was fun watching them with her. Claudia had a new baby the next day. They are going to be great sisters!

We visited Lila one day. Lila also used to teach Kindergarten with me. Evie really loved her. Lila could make her smile and giggle so easily. It was adorable!

Evie has always hated the wind. I thought...maybe if it's a warmer wind, it won't bother her as bad. Luck being as it is, it was a really cool morning in Houston and Evie did NOT like the walk. It was a quick one!

We headed up to Pine Forest to visit some folks. All my old students are getting so tall. I taught 3 of those kiddos (and I'll continue to teach Evie!)

Getting ready to visit the Chappells!

We had dinner with the Chappell's one night. It was so good to see them. I really do miss them a lot. They have made such a positive impact in my life. I hope that I can grow up to be just like them.

I realized that we didn't have many pictures of Alona and Evie. I really like how this one turned out.

I spent the morning at PFE again on the day I flew out. Alona's class loved Evie. They all got to touch her toes and tell her hello. It was really cute. Evie was a big hit as school with students and teachers!


One of our co-workers. Alona and Trish work together a lot. Trish hears everything about Evie!

I got to visit my K-Crew. I didn't get a picture before Kelly had to leave, but I was pleasantly surprised that Scott (Robbin's husband) was at school that day. I sure do like them. Scott always kept me on my toes. I was really sad that I didn't get a picture of Carrie. She stopped by the house one day to say hello. She taught kindergarten with us, but transfered to a new school. We really had the best team.

I failed to get a picture of Evie on her very first flight. I could have kicked myself. I did get this one on the way home. Evie was SO SO good on the plane. Everyone (on all the flights) kept telling me what a sweet baby I had. She was pretty happy and just smiling at everyone around her. What a special girl she is. She seems to bring joy to everyone who meets her!

Thanks, Alona, for a fun trip. We miss you already!

1 comment:

Wendy Sue said...

The pictures are so cute. You just have good friends everywhere!!