Thursday, August 27, 2009

Blackberry Heaven

I LOVE Moscow...at least most of it! Our friends the Cahoon's and Jorgensen's let us in on their little secret. There is a little bike path about 30 minutes from town that is littered with Blackberries.

My other new friend, Kjarsta, and I went and found them. There were millions of berries...free for the taking.

Some were better than others, but they were delicious berries. Especially the big ones.

My greedy little arms got scraped up trying to get the biggest and the best berries.


I got a whole bucket full that was gone within days!

I made a blackberry crisp, blackberry syrup, and blackberry butter. We, of course, had to save some to put on top of things...like waffles (with which we also used the blackberry syrup). Delicious! Thank you, Northern Idaho!

7 comments:

123 checkoutourfamily said...

Yummy! I'd love to find some growing somewhere instead of going to a berry farm and paying to pick.

Alona said...

That is my dream come true! You should have posted a picture of your greedy little arms!

Unknown said...

OH MY GOODNESS I am so jealous!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kirsten said...

i want some.

kristal said...

oh gosh! On our trip to OR and ID we had to stop and pick these for Jase's sentimental mind. Drove me nuts. I now hate them!

Angela said...

A wonderful visual feast!