Friday, August 28, 2009

Camping, Fishing, & Palousafest

Our neighbors, Matt & April, had the great idea of going camping last weekend and then heading over to Pullman the next day for the Lentil Festival and then ending the day with Palousafest at U of I. It was a big hit.

Here is April. April is always knitting...and she is really good at it. She taught me and Hailey how to knit the other day.

Andy was the fire-tender and tin foil dinner turner. We had 5 couples camp out and about 6 other couples that came out for dinner and games. We swam in the reservoir and then ate. It was a lot of fun.

Here is Matt and April. Matt was sick of the smoke following him, so he ended up on the picnic table.

Adam decided that he would rather go fishing than go to the Lentil Festival, which really surprised me with the way he loves Lentils! Of course my battery in my camera died. We went to the St. Maries river and fished for at least 6 hours. Adam has become a little obsessed. He did catch this nice fish that we took home and fried up and ate.

I didn't love the gutting part. At least I didn't have to do any of it.

It was pretty good, if I do say so myself. I am not a fish lover, but this didn't taste very fishy at all.

We got back in time to meet up with the rest of the gang at Palousafest.

We tried to take a cute couple picture....no luck yet!

This isn't very good picture, but I thought I'd post it anyway. The band at Palousafest was Joshua Radin. It was pretty cool, except the sound system stunk! Oh well. We had a good time anyway.

4 comments:

Mom said...

What's that shirt that Adam's wearing in the fish picture? Does he work at a gas station?

Susannah said...

It's a "team amick" shirt with the name "Dennis" on it. He got it on his mission and he loves it!

Alona said...

Love those purple lilies! Your camping and fishing trip sounds super fun! Tell Adam he has to make nice faces in pictures every once and a while (I know he did a great job with all the wedding stuff)!

Angela said...

The last but one is really cute though!