Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Weekend with the Warr's

Adam and I are getting spoiled with all of our weekend trips, but we wouldn't trade it! Adam's brother, Jared was coming home from Texas for a while, so the whole family got together to celebrate!

Forgive the scenery shots...I just can't help it. Idaho is so pretty! Here is a railroad that we passed. We tried to get some good sunset shots on the way home, but we were 10 minutes too late for any great pictures.

Adam stopped about half way to Placerville for a little fishing break. Since we only had one pole with us, I took pictures! Adam didn't catch any fish...

Here is a shot of Placerville in the moonlight from the Warr's cabin. It looked incredible.

The next day we took a trip to the creek to cool off. There were several different modes of transportation. Adam and Madeline were on the 4-wheeler. I took the 100. Jared was on the dirt bike. Deej, Andrea, and Erika rode bikes.

Jared was popping wheelies for me. This picture was my favorite.


Adam, Madeline, and myself ventured through the creek. We came to this tunnel and Adam decided it was time for a break. I took a picture of his behind after laying in that, but I didn't think it appropriate to post!! It was quite dirty!

That evening it was 4-wheelin' time. We all loaded up and hit the road. Adam was sporting these goggles. Isn't he handsome?

Apparently there is something known as the "Placerville Express". Supposedly it runs every hour on the hour. Tonight it was running in laps every 10 seconds on the 10 seconds....All Aboard!

We headed to Boise on Saturday and hit the lake. Deej and Vic were kind enough to let us take the Harley. It was really fun. I might need to practice riding the 100 some more so I'll be ready for the Harley soon!

Here is a shot of Vic driving the boat and inflicting pain on all who dare to ride the tube...except for us girls. (He took it easy on us!)

Adam and Jared were the first to ride. They had some pretty incredible wrecks. For some reason, they think it is fun to turn around and do daring things while they are on the tube. Adam almost face planted it here.

Here is Jared during one of the many crashes! I didn't get a picture of the worst one, but he was definitely catching air!

Deidre was sure to get a lot of couple pictures of us! I think we're adorable in our matching U of I hats!

I only consented to go on the tube if Vic took it easy on me. I still have nightmares about tubing sometimes!!! He was very nice to us! I would even go as far to say that I had fun! I accidentally made everyone think I was terrified because I would scream a lot. I wasn't terrified...I just scream a lot!

Does this look like the face of a sympathetic husband?

Here are the Warr kids with their significant others...minus Rick. What a great weekend! Hopefully I can have a post about a weekend with the Bushman's sometime!!!

5 comments:

Mom said...

You are, after all, a Warr now so it's appropriate to have lots of Warr family pictures!! We will still claim you though (and Adam too). Looks like another great weekend!!

Alona said...

I can't believe how hard Adam is laughing in that picture where you fell out. I think I'm pretty serious when I say that I will never tube again! Your scenery shots are great and I'm totally jealous that you got to spend more time with the Warrs . . . in Placerville . . . and that you rode a Harley!

deej said...

Thanks for the super job on your blog! Great pics!! of great times!!! You got some wonderful action shots that I just had to move on over to iphoto . . . and from there will be making some prints to send to Jared. So where is the hike tomorrow? So glad you're part of our fam!!

Arthur V. / Gene D. W. said...

keep posting those great Idaho scenes....so many memories. Its good you are learning to like Idaho. It is a gem of a state!

Jessica said...

Idaho looks beautiful! I love the scenery shots! You guys look like you are always having so much fun!