Friday, August 28, 2009

Hiking Little Boulder

Instead of going on my usual Wednesday hike, Hailey, Kjarsta and myself decided to go on our own hike. A month or so ago Adam and I had come across a nice little hike about 30 miles away called Little Boulder. We decided to give that a try.

There is no need to explain why it is called Little Boulder. It was beautiful there.

When Adam and I came out we found a bunch of crawdads. I told the girls about them so they went exploring. We found quite a few.

The first mile of the trail is paved and then it turns into a real trail...with snakes and everything. It ended up being a little over 5 1/2 miles. Not bad for a woman who is nine months pregnant!

We found lots of cool things along the trail, like these mushrooms and lots of animal droppings!

I liked this tree for some reason...

Here is Kjarsta and I at one of our little pit stops! I am pretty sure that is just the creek reflecting on my face. I don't believe I have developed a skin disorder!

When we finished, we ate lunch at by the creek. Hailey made some delicious chicken salad sandwiches. She used pastaroni in her chicken salad. It was really good. I would have never thought to do that. We had a lot of fun and are planning our next blackberry adventure. Hailey also has a dehydrator for the next couple of days. I might go pick some plums and apricots and make some fruit leather. We'll see how ambitious I actually get!

6 comments:

JosephJ said...

You mean to tell me you go hiking with Sister S. from my mission? What a wide world we live in, and now you get to be pals. (We were MTC cohorts back in the day.)

Send along my greetings. Looks like fun hiking, too!

Susannah said...

Small world!! I was going to ask if she knew you...but I couldn't remember what mission in England you served in. I decided to err on the side of not looking foolish! I wish I wouldn't have now! I'll tell her hello for sure!

Alona said...

I'm glad that was just a reflection on your face - otherwise, YIKES! ;) You didn't really see any snakes, did you?

kristal said...

I love your header!

Angela^_^ said...

I also want to ask you about the snakes...

Susannah said...

We did see one little garden snake...nothing to worry about!