Monday, July 25, 2011

More Projects

My sister in law gave us this rocking chair. I love it. It has been so nice with Evie. Most of the furniture in Evie's room is black, so I thought I would try my hand and painting and reupholstering the chair. I was very intimidated, but I had fun working on it. April had some leftover fabric from her couch that she gave me. Here are the before and after shots. I feel good about it!

Before

After

My next project was inspired by my friend Brianne. She was wearing an adorable skirt and I asked her about it. She said that is was just a polo shirt that she converted into a skirt. I thought it was a clever idea. I searched on line and found instructions here... I went to Goodwill and found this shirt and voila...I have a new skirt. It is pretty comfy and it was remarkably easy!

2 comments:

Alona said...

I love the skirt! Nice work! I still love your chair!

deej said...

Good job . . . love the chair's updated look! and the skirt is so cute . . . will have to check it out and make one for Miss Mad!