Monday, July 25, 2011

Lake Powell

I know this post is really late in coming, but better late than never, right?! About a month and a half ago we went to Lake Powell with all of the Warr's. It was a great trip. I will spare you the hundred of pictures that we took. The pictures are not in order...not that anyone really cares! Here are some of the highlights.

On Sunday we went to church in Page and then looks around Glen Canyon Dam. It is pretty impressive. We got picked up in the boat and then headed to the house boat.

The moon was incredible. Almost every night, the sun would set and a huge beautiful moon would rise. It was my favorite time of the day!

Evie was a big hit on the boat (of course). One of the favorite games was "spin Evie on the lazy susan". Actually, the game was spin whoever wants to on the lazy susan. There is a little video at the very bottom (I don't know why it got out of order) of Whitney and Evie spinning away!

Alona and I took the kayak out one day. It was hard to get that thing to go where you wanted it too. We didn't stay in there very long!

One night I was trying to take a picture of the moon and my shutter stayed open too long. I decided to take advantage of it and draw pictures with the moon. This is my interpretation of Adam!

Adam spent most of the week fishing, if you can imagine that! He caught quite a few!

He caught this catfish off the back of the house boat with some leftover sausage!

Here is Alona and Evie getting ready to hit the water!

I was impressed that she liked the water. It was pretty cold.

Here is capt'n Evie and Pops driving the boat.

Erika, Whitney, and Chris came up with an obstacle course off the water slide. I got a perfect 10!

Evie and I needed to cool off!

Here is our home for the week!

Adam hitting the wakes!

Of course...

This little canyon was really fun to jet ski in. It was really pretty back there.

Here are us kids, enjoying the cool mornings!

On the way home we decided to make a few stops. We went to St. George to visit my 95 year old Grandma. I was really happy that her and Evie got to meet.

We stayed with my cousins Daylen & Scarlet and their cute kids. They loved Evie too!

We also stopped in Albion to visit Adam's grandparents. It was really good to see everybody. (If you look close, you can see the gingersnap that Grandma Bell gave Evie!)

It really was a great trip. Evie was a trooper on the 15 hour car ride. I'm not ready to drive that far again, but at least I know she can do it!

2 comments:

Alona said...

Cute! I hadn't seen the video of Whit and Evie! :) Good times!

deej said...

Fun post! Fun times . . . guess enough time has gone by that all the not so fun parts are dimmin' in my memory . . . oh yeah, I'm kind of remembering them now that I think about it . . . but the good times were so great!! So glad you guys made the long, long, l-o-n-g trip down . . . !!