Thursday, July 30, 2009

Raspberry Jam

Adam has a fantastic boss...Bill. When Adam first starting working at his law firm, Bill sent him home with a dozen fresh eggs from his chickens. On Tuesday, Bill invited us, along with anyone else from the office who wanted to come, to his house to pick raspberries. He had a TON of berries. We picked quite a few. Adam ate most of the ones that he picked! My basket was much more full!

When we got home I gave the berries a little photo shoot. Some of the raspberries were as big as strawberries.

Then...I made jam. It is my first time making it by myself. Aunt Maylene would always invite Alona and I over to help her make jam when she ordered berries. I gave Maylene a call and got to work. (I only had one mishap...I accidentally turned on the wrong burner. I put a pot of water on to boil and turned around to start on the dishes and I heard a loud popping noise. I turned around and noticed that I had turned on the back burner instead of the front. Unfortunately, I had a zip lock bad full of breadsticks on it. My burner now has melted plastic on it. Does any body know how to get that off?)

I haven't actually tried the jam yet. I just made it yesterday and it is supposed to freeze for 24 hours. While I waited I couldn't resist making these little labels for them. They stick right on. And I am proud to say I used one of the pictures from our photo shoot...taken right on my kitchen counter!

4 comments:

Alona said...

Ooh! Delicious! I want to pick some raspberries! They look as good as Driscoll's! YUM!!!!!

Mom said...

What a little housewife you are!! I mean that as a compliment. Your jam looks delicious!! I've melted plastic on a burner before and I can't remember what I did to get it off. Probably just scrubbed. Did you google it?

Dan and Alli Ralphs said...

You are so dang cute!! I love to read about your married life and the adventures you are having flying in planes, hiking with the old gals, and making jam. Girl you are amazing!! I am sad that I never get to see you. I really think we should plan a trip back to Hawaii with our husbands - the Twinks return to Hawaii!! Maybe next summer (I'll probably be pregnant (not that I am now), but hey bring on the bathing suit and a belly right!) Do you have Joanna's email. We really should plan it.

Strawn Fairy Tales said...

Amazing raspberry jam! I'm eating some here at work for breakfast... with a bagel, not straight with a spoon. Sorry we could't go to frolf last night--Matt's got Vertigo and was STILL asleep (13 hours!!!) when I left this morning.