Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Adios Texas

After our Honeymoon we headed back to Houston for a few days. Just enough time to pack up the rest of my stuff, say our farewells and move on out. Alona talked us into going to the Single's Ward that Sunday. It was a little awkward...especially when Bro. Scharman called us out on it from the pulpit. It was funny...and embarrassing!

We decided to head out on a Tuesday, which worked out perfectly because our delightful FHE group helped us out. As you can see we had a lot of stuff...mostly me, but a lot of it was wedding gifts! It went so much faster having everyone help out. Thank you!!!

Uncle Darrell and Aunt Maylene stopped by to help as well. They helped us take the bed and dresser apart and Maylene packed up all of my holiday stuff. My room looks so sad...I don't really like to look at this picture!

The next morning we headed over to the Chappell's to tell them goodbye. They were beyond helpful in this whole wedding process...plus we probably owe our marriage to Bishop Chappell. Both of us would talk to him about fears and concerns. Things didn't seem so bad after talking with him!

Cute!

When we got home we packed up the few remaining things and decided to hit the road. Just so everyone knows... I DID NOT fill up that truck with all of my stuff! We were supposed to get a 10 foot truck, but it was broken so they gave us the 16 foot truck...there was plenty of extra room!

Here is Alona's cute house....my home for the last 3 years. I love it there!

We only made it about 30 feet down the road before we had to stop! I forgot what was wrong, but not to fear, Adam fixed it!

We decided to go to San Angelo and spend the night and then caravan with my family to Arizona. Adam's brother, Jared, lives right on the way home in Marble Falls. We stopped there for a couple of hours and went out to eat with Jared and his buddy, Nate.

That gave Alona enough time to catch up with us. She met us at the restaurant and ended up beating us home!

We were going to be getting in right around midnight, but as you can see, we had a little trouble. The tow dolly blew a tire. It was pretty bad. And worst of all, neither of us had any cell phone service. We waited for a while and someone finally stopped. She let us use her phone and we made a few calls.

A few more people and phone calls later and hours later, we found out that someone was on their way to rescue us.

We knew it would be a few more hours, so we opened the back of the truck, got our sleeping bags out and tried to sleep for awhile. It is true what they say, "The stars at night, are big and bright, Deep in the heart of Texas!" It was beautiful.

Ernest showed up around 2:00 in the morning. He changed the tire and we were on our way within a matter of minutes. What a blessing. The only bad thing was, we got in at 4:00 in the morning and were supposed to leave at 6:00 for Arizona. My parents and Alona let us sleep for an extra 45 minutes and then took over the driving the next morning. We got some rest and made it safe to Jo City!

It didn't really hit me that I had just moved away from Texas. I think because everything happened so fast. I have lived in Houston for almost 6 years. Time flies! I've loved living there and am excited for my new adventure in Idaho!

2 comments:

Alona said...

I hadn't seen some of these! Texas already misses you!

123 checkoutourfamily said...

so jealous of your honeymoon. It looked picture perfect.

We're going to miss you. sorry about the moving mishap but glad ya'll are okay.

The Chappels are AWESOME!