Monday, July 20, 2009

Boise

After our reception in Boise and our excursion to Placerville (click here for pictures) we hung out in Boise for a few days. We couldn't move up to Moscow just yet, because our apartment wasn't ready until the very end of June. It was fun hanging out with the Warr's and getting to see a little of Boise. We actually drove around a lot picking up stuff that we bought on Craig's List...like a tv and washer/dryer.

Alona is usually the one that cuts my hair. I meant to have her cut it before she left Idaho, but things got too busy and I forgot.

Adam wanted to give it a shot. I had Deidre supervise and he went to work. It was a little harder than he thought it was going to be. He thought it would be just one big cut across the bottom and that would be that. He wasn't quite prepared for the different layers and making sure it was even! He did a really good job, though. I am confident that he'll be able to do it on his own now!

Adam has been cutting his own hair for years and he does a really good job with it. He decided it was time for a little change and he shaved some of his beard off. We kind of like it!! It reminds me slightly of a 70's motorcycle cop, or something like that!

It was hair cutting week in Boise! We went over to Rick and Andrea's for some delicious homemade pizza and found Madeline with her new fancy hair cut! She looks so much more grown-up with her new style!
The Souden's have some big cherry trees in their backyard. They were gracious enough to share them with us. They were delicious and hope there is more when we go to Boise in a few weeks!

That night, Adam went with some of his buddies golfing. Since he was out playing, Vic, Deidre, and myself decided to go flying. Vic had to go get his truck out by the airport anyway. Here is a shot of the controls and gauges and whatever else they are!

It was beautiful! I loved looking out over the land from the air.

I got to be co-pilot and fly the plane around for a little bit. Maybe I'll have to take flying lessons!

Here is me and Vic after our flight. I am glad that I matched the plane. It made the ride that much better!

5 comments:

Alona said...

Fun! Good job to Adam on cutting your hair!

Kirsten said...

i agree about the motorcycle cop... i like the old one better.. now he just has to wear some of those short cop shorts with the strip down the side that sit uncomfortably high on the thigh and ride his bike around writing jay walking tickets.. eeek.

Susannah said...

I could see him enjoying that!

eden and david said...

random thought...that shirt is the one i made back in the day for youth conference. i still wear mine too. how funny.
ps beautiful wedding...congrats!!!

Susannah said...

I remember that!! I do still wear that shirt! Thanks, Eden!!