Monday, July 20, 2009

The Boise Reception

THREE RECEPTIONS!!!! What were we thinking?! You know...by the time the third reception came along, we were pretty tired. But after its all said and done, I'm glad we did it! I'd probably do it again if I had the chance to go back. It was so good to get to see everyone again, or meet Adam's friends and family.


After our Jo City reception we packed up and left early the next morning. My parents drove the moving truck and we met up with them in Provo. The folks decided to stay in Salt Lake that night and relax. We wanted to get up to Boise so we could help with the reception preparation up there. Alona wanted to come with us, so we got my computer chair out of the back and set it in between the seats. It wasn't the most comfortable ride, but we all made it!!

While the women were getting the food ready, we took all the men and headed to Vic's work where he had a big truck with a lift. We moved all of my stuff from the Budget truck to Vic's. It was really nice because we just backed them so they were touching and just moved it all from one truck to the next. It was such a blessing having Vic's truck!

When we got back to the house, Adam's grandma and grandpa Bell were waiting there with some of Adam's Aunts. It was fun to meet everyone. I thought they were staying for the reception, but they headed home early. I felt bad that I was looking like this the only time they met me!

We snapped a quick family picture with everyone that was around at the moment!


We got all of the tables and chairs and decorations set up. I really liked having the green table cloths. It ended up looking really nice.

Adam's sisters spent the morning dipping strawberries in chocolate. Yummmmmm!


I was really excited that I had some of my family show up! My grandma Evans was able to make it. She is almost 94 and still going!

Adam's siblings gave us two pictures for our wedding. I LOVE them! This first one is of the Houston Temple. It is all antiqued looking. I really love it. It was the first picture that we hung up in our apartment.

The next picture they gave us was this "Warr" picture. Erika found the website that does this. They had given one to Vic and Deidre and I was coveting it. I was SO excited when they gave us our own. It was picture #2 to go on the wall!

Here is a picture of me and The Vic, just chillin' at the reception.

Once again...here is Adam and I eating! We have to make sure to take advantage of all of the deliciousness! Deidre made most of the food that was served.

Here is an Evans Family picture. This is my mom's family. We had quite a few show up!

Alona taught Whitney "shaky face". Unfortunately/Fortunately, Whitney doesn't have any extra skin on her face! It didn't turn out quite as "good" as ours! I think I'd prefer to have her problem!


Madeline, Adam's niece, was being so cute. She kept picking flowers from Deidre's garden (which isn't encouraged!) and making me bouquets. They were really pretty. I think Madeline has a future in flower arranging!

By the end of the reception, we were getting silly. We have quite a few pictures of me, Alona, Adam, and my mom making silly faces. They are the sort of pictures that are most likely only funny if you were there. I'll spare you!

It really was so good to meet Adam's friends and family. Adam has such good relationships with the guys he grew up with. They keep in touch and still get together whenever possible. It's good to see friendships that go so deep. I only wish that we would have gotten a picture of him with all of the boys.

4 comments:

Mom said...

It looks like you're almost caught up in your blogging!! Good job!

The Santini Stew said...

What is the site that does the name pictures? I want to check it out!

You are the best! I am so happy for you!

Megan

Alona said...

Thanks for not posting the AWFUL pictures Adam took of me!

Jana said...

Wow 3 receptions. Sounds like you have a blast. Your receptions sound and look great. I am sorry I missed the one in Joe City. I wish you both all the happiness in the world. Hugs