Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Honeymoon

For our Honeymoon we went to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. We loved it. In fact, Adam liked it so much that he wants to move to Mexico and sell time shares. I told him to stick to law school!

We got to stay in the Grand Mayan Resort. It was amazing!

This picture was taken in the main lobby where you check in. When you first walk into the resort, you enter this dark room with Mayan drums playing. There were these statues of Mayan warriors lining the walls. Each statue was around 100 feet high. I loved that room!

There was a lazy river that went around the pool area of the resort. It was a great way to relax after a long day of sight seeing.

The rest of the hundreds of pools were amazing as well. There were almost too many to choose from!

Here is the inside of our room. We had a kitchen so we make waffles for breakfast most mornings. That table you see is the table where I humbled my new husband many a times in our favorite card game, Rook!

We had our own little pool on the deck. It was little, but so novel!

And lucky me...the bedroom was green!

Here is another one of the many pools. This one is a wave pool. We never really swam in it, but walked through it often to get to the beach.

Here is a nice beach picture with Adam's white skin and my "lion like" hair! A man on the beach took it for us. What a nice guy!

Next to the beach, they had a bunch of these beds (I don't know if they have a proper name). We meant to read the afternoon away out here, but both of us ended up falling asleep.

Our first excursion was a canopy tour via zip line. It was so much fun. We drove forever up into the mountains and worked our way to the bottom using 12 different lines.

Here we are gearing up!

I was the first one in our group to go. I loved it! On some of them you get going pretty fast.

Adam was next. We got lucky thanks to the Swine Flu. There weren't very many people down in Mexico. Most of the tours had very few people in them.

It was an amazing view from up there!

When we got to the bottom, we rode donkeys back to where we began. I think I could have walked faster than that donkey, but it made for a good picture!

When we got to the top we ate some lunch at this cute little place over looking the canyon we just went through.

The food was delicious! We shared these chicken fajita's. I loved them!!!

We had some time later to just lounge around. Luckily, they had a bunch of hammocks just lying around!

I think that we both agreed, however, that our favorite day was just walking through the city. It was a lot of fun, and so pretty. We went to a lot of flea markets and found a luchador mask for my dad!

Puerto Vallarta at it's best!

We walked down the sea wall and found lots of sand art.

I think a big beautiful church is a required photograph from any vacation.

This old hanging bridge looked a lot more sturdy than it was. I almost fell down several times!

We found this amazing restaurant on the beach. I have already forgotten the name (it started with a "P"). Their food was amazing and the view was just as good. Adam insisted on getting the "sampler" dessert because he couldn't make up his mind. He was happy with them all!

Our last excursion was a snorkeling trip. We took a two hour boat ride out to some islands. It wasn't the best snorkeling I've ever done, but fun none the less.

We were able to see a HUGE manta ray. I didn't get a picture, but it was unreal. I've never seen one that big.

The time went by so fast. I know I wasn't quite ready to come back to real life...but it only got better from there!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Cool!! I hadn't seen pictures of Puerto Vallarta yet!!

Alona said...

These are so great. Just so you know, I just turned your underwater camera in at Wal-Mart, so you might need to do an update to this post! :)