Monday, July 27, 2009

The Perfect Weekend

Last Friday Adam texted me from work and asked if I wanted to go camping when he got home. I said "YES" and began preparing for the outing. I got the foil dinners ready and packed up the car. The only thing I forgot was the lawn chairs and MY CAMERA...Dang! Thank goodness my phone has a decent camera. We drove 50 miles to Elk River and drove around the creek looking for a perfect spot. We found a good one! There was an opening in the trees so we could see the stars from our tent! We didn't do much that night but eat and sleep!

In the morning we woke up and drove down the creek and found some good fishing spots.

The creek was so beautiful. The phone camera didn't do it justice!

I just like taking pictures of Adam! He's down in the creek looking for a good spot.

Adam was the first to catch a fish. They were just little guys! He did catch a 5 or 6 inch fish that he was pretty proud of. It was good for that creek.

After a morning of fishing, we drove up to the cedar grove. They have HUGE red cedars there. Adam said it reminded him the Redwoods. The tree behind me is 3,000 years old. It was amazing.

This shot gives a little more perspective.

It even had a nice little seat...

After the cedars we ended up fishing for a few more hours. I even caught a few and am proud to announce that I took the fish off the line by myself. I was still a little traumatized from the last fish I caught (see previous post), but these were much more manageable.

We finally left Elk Creek and got some dinner and huckleberry ice cream. It was delicious. We headed home and stopped at every camp ground between Elk River and Moscow...just to scout them out for our next adventure. We already have one planned!!

4 comments:

Mom said...

Looks like fun!! Did you eat any of the fishies?

Alona said...

Huckleberry ice cream! Yum! Wish I could have come! :)

Susannah said...

Wish you all could have been there! We didn't eat any fishies...they were too little (thank goodness!)

123 checkoutourfamily said...

Now that looks like a fun camping trip. I love the outdoors. I bet it was more fun camping there than it would be here in HOT Texas. :)