Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Joseph City Reception

We got to Jo City late Wednesday afternoon and visited with Aunt Karen and Nancy. It felt good to get there! That was a long way to drive (with even more to come)!

As mentioned before, we got my dad a luchador mask in Mexico. We decided that Jo City would be an appropriate place to give it to him. We just happened to have an extra and my parents decided to pose for a picture! We had a lot of fun with those. I hope he uses it!

My amazing mother made a lot of the food for this reception too! She made these amazing cupcakes, rice, and Kalua Pig. We decided to have this reception a luau theme. The Stant's from Holbrook catered the rest of the food. It was delicious!

Here's a nice shot of the cupcakes. They went fast. I think Adam ate three that night!

We had the reception in Julie's back yard. She did was wonderful job of making it look so nice. It always does...but she went the extra mile. Here is Adam, Julie, and Cat setting up the old church pew.

Kristal, our photographer, showed up early donning our wedding colors. She took some great pictures, which are featured at the bottom of this post!

Kim and her mom, Disa, were able to come over from Snowflake. I got lucky that she was home visiting during our reception. I was hoping she would favor us with another musical number...but I am totally satisfied with the one she sang in Houston!

Here is Julie and her son, Justin. Justin was about 9 or 10 when we left Jo City. He grew right up!

Some of the Westover's were able to come. Those boys (along with the Fish boys) were our best friends back in the day...that is when they weren't giving us pinch hickies!!

A bunch of my classmates were able to come. This doesn't show them all, but here is a sampling! Here is me, Jeramy, Erika, Julie, and MaryJo.

The whole Duncan crew was able to come again. They're the best! We've all been friends forever!

Here is the Miller gang. I'm glad Cat let us use her pew!

It was getting close to quitting time and I realized that Adam and I hadn't had the chance to eat any of the food. Adam got us both some and we sat down for a bit. Jason Mulder snagged this shot for us!

I loved coming back to Joseph City. It really did feel like coming home! I didn't include pictures of everyone that came, but we really appreciated all of the love and support we got. Jo City is the best. Maybe Jo City will need a lawyer by the time Adam is done with Law School!

Here are a few of the pictures that Kristal took. I love them! Thanks Kristal!!



10 comments:

Jen and Joe. said...

Did you take any wedding pictures down at The Wash? Or in The Badlands?

=)

Susannah said...

I would have loved to...you know me! Unfortunately, we didn't have time. Next time we're in town...

Dr. Mulder said...

Yes, next time you're in town...fun pics!
Um, am I really that big? And are those stinking Duncan girls really that small?!
Great picture of the Miller bunch!
Awesome reception. Seriously my favorite JC reception EVER!!! Oh and this is Kristal, not Jase.

Jessica said...

Your reception was beautiful! I'm so glad you guys did one in JC! I love the pics Kristal took of you guys!

Mom said...

Your new header is really cute and I love your new blog name!!

Alona said...

I concur with mom! Did you make it yourself?

Kirsten said...

if i would´ve been there.. i would´ve made kim sing!

The Sorensens said...

The pictures look great. It sounds like all went well and that a great time was had. Call me sometime...I'd love to catch up.

Susannah said...

This was such a fun reception! Kristal made the new header. I love it!!!

Angela said...

ohh great!! I love these pics! You are so sweet 'n gorgeous ^-^